Marimbossa Marimbossa

Chill! Fits the weather great at the moment. Very sunny. : ) Cool rhythm by the way.

From Ancient Hills [collab] From Ancient Hills [collab]

Very cool. Great progression and great percussion, again. It's funny that you can't hear that a second person finished the composition. Great mood. I don't want to search for anything bad in this composition, couldn't find anything the first 2 times I listened. So I'm giving it 5 stars.

samulis responds:

Wow, thanks for the nice review. I tried to make sure the transitions were as clean as I could get them. :)

The Crown of Arlidor The Crown of Arlidor

First of all, my English isn't perfect, as I am Dutch and English is my second language.

Great piece, I like the atmosphere and the way you build towards the climax. I think the percussion is great, especially at 2:15, because it gives the piece more personality. I see you are using EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold Edition. Recently I installed it, too. I'm still figuring out how I can use it best. It sounds like you already know a lot about it, bravo.

If I really have to be critical, I think the melody that begins at 1:21 with the strings, sounds a little weak. I think that's because of the accents of the melody and the chord transitions, but you make it up at 1:37. It sounds very epic from there. I haven't listened to your other pieces, but I will do that. My only advice after hearing this is try to experiment with contrapunction some more. You will be able to make great things.

You mentioned in your profile that you see yourself as a classical composer. What do you exactly mean by classical? Do you have any pieces in the classical style? Or did you just mean that your style is instrumental?

I think the piece fits your description very well and I enjoyed listening! Thank you for this piece, it's hard to find such talented people.

samulis responds:

Hey there,

I understood what you said perfectly. :)

I call myself "classical" because I have worked a lot around some traditional musical ideas, although lately, such as with this piece, I have been moving into more modern ideas. I do not have any pieces like the Classical Era, most of my music is like Romantic Era or later.

I am actually unfamiliar with Contrapunction, I'll look into that. I am taking Music Theory II at this time, and we're doing a lot more on melody construction and thematic motion... hopefully we will cross over that.

Thanks again!